ETHICAL CODE OF CONDUCT
Due to our unique social mission, we seek to align with other companies who are making a stand and a positive difference in the fashion industry. With the desire to affect further positive change, Outland Denim commits to continuously improve all aspects of its supply chain with a vision to lead the industry with its social and environmental impact.
Transparency is key to keep our supply chains above reproach. The Outland Denim team seeks to work with integrity in every facet of manufacturing. All our suppliers will be shown on the Outland Denim website under ‘Transparency’.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOUNDATIONS
Outland Denim requires our suppliers to guarantee good working conditions and a good working environment for their employees.
The Outland Denim Suppliers' Code of Conduct defines the minimum standard of ethical and responsible behaviour that must be met by the manufacturers and suppliers of the products commissioned by Outland Denim, in the course of its business.
This Code is firmly based on respect for human and labour rights and has been set upon the foundations of The Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code, and, in turn, the International Labour Organization’s Four Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
These categories are:
- freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of forced or compulsory labour;
- the abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
The Outland Denim Suppliers' Code of Conduct shall be applied to all manufacturers and suppliers that take part in the purchasing, manufacturing and finishing processes, and is based upon the following general principles that define Outland Denim’s ethical behaviour:
- All Outland Denim’s operations are developed from an ethical and responsible perspective.
- All persons, individuals or entities who maintain, directly or indirectly, any kind of employment, economic, social and/or industrial relationship with Outland Denim are treated fairly, with respect, and with dignity.
- All Outland Denim’s activities are carried out in a manner that most respects the environment.
- All manufacturers and suppliers (i.e. production centres that are not the property of Outland Denim Pty Ltd) fully adhere to these commitments and undertake to ensure that the standards set forth in the Code are met.
Outland Denim has confidence in its suppliers and manufacturers. Outland Denim is thankful that these suppliers already do much more for working conditions and the environment than the minimum requirements. Outland Denim is privileged to align with suppliers leading the industry in their conduct on social and environmental matters, and we look forward to continuing to make supply chain improvements with their support. Click here for further details on our Supply Chain.
To read Outland Denim’s Environmental Policy, please click here.
To read Outland Denim’s most recent Internal Social Compliance Report, please click here.
For more information, Outland Denim’s Customer Care department operates
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm.
If you have any further questions, please contact one of our team members:
Call: 1300 360 395